Learn About the Different Types of Casino Bonuses
It is true that incentives make the world go round. If you have compared different real money gambling sites before then you must have noticed that every operator has an array of promotions for their players; both new or existing.
The range of offers might be confusing to newcomers, especially because various operators may use different names for the same promos. This beginners' guide to casino bonuses is meant to help you get acquainted with the range of deals that you will come across as you play real money games on the internet. We will also be sharing some easy and practical tips to help you spot the best deals.
Online Casino Bonuses: Are They Worth It?
It is no doubt that casino bonuses are a huge part of online gambling.
The world of internet gaming has mushroomed over the past few years, and operators have to go all out to ensure that they remain ahead of the competition. Some of these efforts include using welcome promotions to entice new players and get them to sign up. They also use a range of other offers to keep existing members hooked and motivated to come back for more.
While operators employ promos tactically to benefit their business in the long-term, the incentives can give you a huge advantage over the house if you know how to make the best use of them. You can use the free or extra credits awarded in the promotions to bankroll more games or extend your playtime without increasing your budget. This means more fun and fewer financial risks for you. Besides, there's always the possibility of winning real cash from your bonus.
Different Types of Online Casino Bonuses
In addition to offering flexibility with regard to when and where you can gamble, online casinos offer a vast range of incentives compared to their land-based counterparts. The varieties of promos differ from one gambling site to the other. Below is a detailed guide to the different types of bonuses available on the internet.
- No-deposit offers: The no-deposit promotion is one of the offers that casino operators use to lure new customers to their sites and reward them for coming on board. Usually, the incentive is credited to your account as soon as you register and before your first deposit.
- Match deposits: A match or percentage bonus is the perfect way to increase your bankroll without depositing more money to the casino. In these promotions, the house gives you a predetermined amount of free cash to play with when you credit your account. Usually, the free cash is calculated as a percentage of your deposit up to a specified amount. For example, a 100% match up to $200. The deal can be part of the welcome offer for new players or reload bonus for existing customers.
- Preferred payment method promotions: Some gambling sites will give you a reward for making a deposit using certain banking options like Skrill, PayPal, Neteller, or credit/debit cards.
- Loyalty promos: Loyalty promotions are the casino's way of rewarding loyal or VIP customers for playing at their sites and motivating them to continue wagering. Usually, the players earn comp points when they wager on various games and they can redeem them for various benefits like free spins, cash prizes, holidays, and other giveaways. Some houses also offer cashback and deposit bonuses to VIP players.
- High roller bonuses: A high roller bonus is a special incentive for players who deposit and spend huge amounts of money at a gambling site.
- Cashback offers: A cashback or money back promotion gives you a certain percentage of your wagers back in real cash if you lose all your money to the house. This type of offer is meant to raise your spirits after the loss and encourage you to play again. The percentage reimbursed may depend on your deposit amount or total money wagered over a specified period of time.
- Free spins bonuses: This is another common offer at online casinos. The promotion allows you to play popular slots at no cost. Free spins can be in the form of the no deposit offer for new customers or part of existing promos.
The Ideal Casino Bonus Checklist
Now that you know the types of bonuses offered by online gambling sites, the next step is to learn what to consider before claiming or opting for a casino promotion. Here are some handy tips to guide you:
- Ensure that you read the terms and conditions of the offer to learn the rules of the promotion.
- Always make sure that you understand the wagering requirements attached to the bonus.
- Check the eligible games and the percentage they contribute to the wagering requirements.
- Ensure that you know the validity of your bonus.
- Check whether the offer has a maximum cap on winnings.
- Find out if you need a bonus code to claim your incentive and use it appropriately.
- Check to see if there is a restriction on eligible countries or payment methods so that you're not in for an unpleasant surprise later.